Summer is here and you know what that means: big celebrations, late nights, and that extra glass of wine. Here are a few tips to keep your skin looking great as you enjoy the season.
- Hydrafacial MD (or your pick of PCA peel) – Facials and peels help slough away dead skin cells, while plumping dehydrated skin with nutrient rich antioxidants and hyaluronic masks. We tailor treatment for your particular skin care needs. Your skin isn’t like everyone else’s and your treatment shouldn’t be either.
- Antioxidants – Vitamin C combined with E helps correct, protect, and prevent damage from sun, pollution, and smoke. They discourage free radical damage and can even provide slight exfoliation, thereby stimulating cell turnover and fostering a vibrant complexion. Dr. Obagi’s ZO Skin Health heroes (e.g., Growth Factor Serum, Ossential Radical Night Repair Plus) contain a high percentage of DNA repair antioxidants and can also assist your SPF sunscreen by protecting against further damage. PCA’s C Quench is another super serum. It combines stem cell extracts with vitamin C to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while hydrating and strengthening the skin. It offers superior protection from aging UV rays and other external offenders including environmental pollutants.
- Brightening Retinol – These products thicken collagen, making skin less transparent and encourage skin cell turnover. The end result is luminous-looking skin and a more youthful complexion. We just adore ZO Brightenex! It evens your skin tone and promotes healthy cell production.
- Hydrate – Drink to your health this summer. Coconut water and aloe juice are loaded with antioxidants, while lemon water or spritzers are a great alternative. Pomegranate juice can also give a great surge of nutrition, while re-hydrating your skin. Let’s not forget this season’s finest form of refreshment: watermelon, berries, cucumber, tomato, and other summer fruits and vegetables.
- Get your groove on – Hit the River Trail: walk, run, jump, yoga, PYO at P&P. Give your body 20 to 30 minutes of movement and it will deliver blood flow to your skin and add radiance to your complexion.
- Tinted SPF Hydrator – Yes, you know we had to say it! Elta MD’s amazing sun protection products cover every skin type and every purpose. Reapply if you will be out and about for longer than two or three hours. Please wait 20 minutes post application before submerging yourself in the river, ocean or pool. Your skin will thank you.
Warm Summertime Wishes,
Your loving Aestheticians,
Emily & Jenna
Jenna & Emily